Monday, January 13, 2014

WHAT IS US WOMAN OF ACHIEVEMENT ALL ABOUT?




As Ms. Maine Woman of Achievement 2014, I will spend the next year promoting my platform of "The Business of Service", an initiative I launched now two years ago. Its been a campaign promoting the idea that its not a coincidence that workers who engage in some sort of service activity, cause, project or organization DO WELL on the job. Its through service that leadership skills are honed and a strong of self becomes defined.

In continuing my endeavor of wanting to take this initiative to the national level and beyond the state of Maine, I discovered a perfect fit between the Woman of Achievement organization and my own personal goals. Although, I am beginning this journey toward the WOA national stage...I feel as though I've been working toward this goal my whole life.




And I continue to receive unfailing support...from my community, my colleagues, my family and friends. This is what pageantry is about...self empowerment while empowering others.

Here's a little bit more about the National Woman of Achievement Program:

Woman of Achievement is a "Platform-Driven" Speaking Tour & Pageant competition for single or married women 24 years of age and over.

Woman of Achievement Judging Criteria is as follows:
  • INTERVIEW
  • PLATFORM (Previous Work or Planned Work on Community Platform)
  • LIFESTYLE in FITNESS (Aerobic or Swimwear)
  • SPEECH OR TALENT (Performing Arts or Visual Media)
  • EVENING GOWN
For more information check out their webpage at: http://womanofachievement.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment